PhilaLandmarks began in 1931 when Frances Anne Wister saved the Powel House from demolition. PhilaLandmarks then acquired Grumblethorpe, the Wister ancestral home, in 1940. The Physick House became a part of our family when it was gifted to PhilaLandmarks in the 1960's by the Annenberg family. And finally in 1980, Easttown Township in Paoli, Pennyslvania approached PhilaLandmarks to manage Historic Waynesborough on their behalf. For further history please click here